This list reminds us of another great list: 51 Budget Backyard DYIs That Are Borderline Genius
In the spirit of upcoming Father’s Day here are a few to try this weekend:
Make one of these awesome hideouts using a hula hoop and a bedsheet.
- Hula Hoop (Mine are from Dollar Tree for $1 each)
- Safety Pins
- Twine or Rope
- Tulle and/or Ribbon (Mine is from Jo-Anns Dollar bin)
- Cushions and Blankets
- Pin the top edge of the sheet to the hula hoop by folding the sheet over and pinning it to itself. (see pic below)
- Use twine to create a hanger to tie your hideout to the tree with. I used two long pieces of twine and tied each piece to opposite sides of the hula hoop. The two pieces then criss-crossed over each other. I tied the two together where they criss-crossed with another piece of twine. Later I used that piece to actually tie the hoop into the tree.
- Tie on tulle and ribbons or any other embellishments you have. (see pic below)
- Hang the hideout from a tree branch.
- Add blankets and cushions underneath your fort so you can be nice and comfy.
- Take a little nap or eat a snack inside your new hideout.
Make road trips more tolerable by filling a hanging shoe organizer with things to entertain your kids.